/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Documenting Primer programming with GNU/Linux and OpenOCD

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Documenting Primer programming with GNU/Linux and OpenOCD

# 1   2009-03-02 04:48:56 Documenting Primer programming with GNU/Linux and OpenOCD

pramode

Documenting Primer programming with GNU/Linux and OpenOCD

Hello,

I am experimenting with Primer programming under GNU/Linux using OpenOCD; so far, things are working very well! Please check out:

http://wiki.fosstronics.com/arm_cortex- … -c-program

I am eagerly looking for more GNU/Linux enthusiasts out there to contribute to the wiki ....

Regards,
Pramode
--------------

# 2   2009-03-02 09:51:35 Documenting Primer programming with GNU/Linux and OpenOCD

zwieblum

Re: Documenting Primer programming with GNU/Linux and OpenOCD

I'm with you :-)

# 3   2009-03-02 10:54:32 Documenting Primer programming with GNU/Linux and OpenOCD

boseji

Hi,

I would also like to start on this since I am slowly moving to linux.

Warm Regards,
Boseji

Warm Regards,

Boseji

# 4   2009-06-14 17:36:39 Documenting Primer programming with GNU/Linux and OpenOCD

cederom
Website

OpenOCD is now available on http://www.FreeBSD.org operating system! :-)

But how about support for Primer2 by OpenOCD?

# 5   2009-06-18 22:17:20 Documenting Primer programming with GNU/Linux and OpenOCD

zwieblum

nobody is working on it, as far as I can tell.

# 6   2009-06-25 18:46:27 Documenting Primer programming with GNU/Linux and OpenOCD

skippy
Website

Very glad to see someone is putting together documentation for using STM32 and Linux.
I went thru heck to get something very close to this working.  The wiki would've been really helpful.

I couldn't see a config file posted in there, if you've got one it'll be even more useful as the config file for openocd was hard for me to figure out.

I've got another option for targeting the STM32... If you can get to the USART1 and the boot mode pins, ST has a built in bootloader, documented in their AN2606.

There's software out there to target it in Windows.  I got fed up there was no GPL'd software to target the bootloader so wrote some that Linux or Windows.  Sloadhost is gpl'd and is at http://www.sourceforge.org/projects/sloadhost

I haven't tried with a primer yet (I don't have the v2.) just the Olimex H103 and ST's eval board.

Cheers,

Alex

• Index
  •  » STM32 primer
  •  » Documenting Primer programming with GNU/Linux and OpenOCD

Board footer