/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-02-11 16:08:11 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

yetoo

Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

When I lunch Ride7IDE I get one message: Script error (line 1) . And after that when I open a project it close by itself and tell me : script error (line 10).
I tried to install Ride7 with it's CD and I also tried with the setup from internet!!!
What is the problem and how can I solve it?
Thanks

# 2   2008-02-11 16:20:17 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

lionel
Website

Re: Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

It seems the internal javascript engine cannot execute correctly. Can you check your antivirus settings about Javascript blocking?

# 3   2008-02-12 10:31:12 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

yetoo

More than that: when I tried to create a new project, one bug happened and this is what I get as message: "L'instruction à "0x1b5d10e2" emploie l'adresse mémoire "0x223d7269". La mémoire ne peut pas être "read"! What can I do. I closed my antivirus, stay bugging. After that I disinstalled Java, stay bugging (always the same message)

Last edited by yetoo (2008-02-12 11:13:39)

# 4   2008-02-12 10:59:59 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

lionel
Website

Sorry yetoo about English, this is an English forum so we must stay coherent so that everyone can understand.

Java has nothing to do with Javascript, you can reinstall Java safely.

I recommend at this step that you uninstall Ride and RKitARM, then download and install the latest versions from here :

http://www.raisonance.com/download/inde … tive=RIDE7

Lionel

# 5   2008-02-12 11:09:20 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

yetoo

No problem! Ok! For the english, you're right!
I tried also yesterday to do this but it didn't worked too!!! (notify this: the Ride7 can be downloaded and the RKitARM cannot be downloaded, problem with the website I think)

# 6   2008-02-12 11:47:58 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

yetoo

Just another thing, I said in my first message that "after that (opening Ride7) when I open a project it close by itself and tell me : script error (line 10) "objectshell" value NULL or not an Object

Last edited by yetoo (2008-02-12 11:48:23)

# 7   2008-03-09 08:18:43 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

graham

I'm having this same issue too. sad
Very frustrating.
Have loaded Windows 2000 into a Virtualbox virtual machine running on my Ubuntu V:"Gutsy Gibbon", and have run servicepacks galore, trying to get W2K to run nicely with RIDE7.

Have tried the latest RIDE7 install off the Raisonance website, and still no joy. If I load a project, then it will kick up lots of script errors, and may or may not close itself.   Of course after the errors... I have no faith in further functionality for the session anyway !

# 8   2008-03-10 08:20:36 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

lionel
Website

We can't guarantee the functionality of Ride7 under Virtualization systems. We have not made such tests so far.

We will keep you informed if we make some tests and find why this happens...

regards,
Lionel

# 9   2008-03-10 08:43:50 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

graham

I have had issues referencing shared files via the VIRTUALBOX native gui setup, but if I transfer a copy of the contents, then performance in that regard is normal. There is a possibility that there is a remnant of a shared file reference from ride7 to my linux host, but I cleaned out all the ride7 references I could find in the registry after my last uninstal... Hardware doesn't otherwise seem to be an issue. Virtualbox offeres nice resolutions for my psuedo monitor, USB support is great. The issue seems to be in the javascripting ? which I know nothing about.

Keep in mind, that those of use running virtual machines are more likely to be running our main OS long term, and Windows as a newer install, therefore we have many updates to sort over a shorter period of time.

I don't know if this is a javascript issue relating to the windows install, or something specific to the ride7 install, but I am pretty sure that virtual machines and Linux are on the increase, and Windows is on the decline.

# 10   2008-04-05 11:49:59 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

graham

Update:

I have RIDE7 working under a fresh virtual install of Windows2000, Service pack #4, inside Virtualbox, inside Gutsy Gibbon version of Ubuntu Linux. I'm not sure why, but like yetoo, I also was getting similiar script errors.

Broadly speaking, I'm guessing it's un trapped errors in the IDE ?
Anyway, as it's now working, after a great deal of messing around, and huge frustrations, I would like to make the point, that virtulisation does not appear to be the error, in either yetoo's case, or mine.

# 11   2008-04-07 08:10:38 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

lionel
Website

It makes me think of COM registration failure... In fact we recently changed the path to the ActiveX components dlls. They are now found in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Raisonance" instead of "C:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\bin". When old instances of ActiveX dlls are still registered in the Ride\bin directory, the ActiveX objects can't be loaded properly. The references may have not been correctly deleted by the uninstallation, unless you made some manual steps that produced this issue.

The fact that a fresh install works correctly confirms my thoughts.

Lionel

# 12   2008-04-18 14:42:15 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

AZ
Website

I have the same problem running plain Windows XP SP2 and the latest RIDE7 version 7.02.0001 (tried older versions 7.01 and 7.00 too).
I can do everything inside the IDE - but when I try to load a project (or to create a new one) the IDE crashes with a message, that a function inside MSVCRT.DLL caused an exception. I already posted the crash log to raisonance.

If I can test anything to find the problem, I would be glad to do so - as it renders the IDE worthless for the moment.

AZ

# 13   2008-11-05 12:01:15 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

syslab

If the problem persists, try reinstalling Windows Script 5.6 from Microsoft site.

# 14   2008-11-29 13:21:16 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

werateras

I have the same problem with Vista on my laptopp. I tested "everything" (Installing Vista sp1, ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 ,  .NET Framework 3.5, new explorer 8 etc) and nothing works.  Still Script Error (line 2)!, automation server can't create object.

My solution to the problem was inspired of graham, and it was to install a virtual winXp. First i test Microsoft Virtual machine, it works fine but no USB support. And now VMware and its works perfekt, i can debug and everything without problem. (of course little slower, but not so much)

Last edited by werateras (2008-11-29 13:22:12)

# 15   2008-12-02 03:53:29 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

mandeep79

I am facing exact same problem on my WinXP SP3 Laptop. When i start IDE i get dialog box with "Script Error (line 2)!, automation server can't create object." message. I tried installing Windows Script 5.6 but it did not help. Also uninstalled and installed Ride7 again and still got same error.

If anyone has found a working solution other than running Ride7 in virtual machine please share it.

# 16   2008-12-02 07:21:33 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

Francis
Administrator

Script errors are often caused by the 'security settings' of you environment. When they are too strict, Windows does not allow RIDE to execute scripts. Try to modify your settings.

# 17   2009-07-28 18:40:06 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

nrousselca

I Also get the same error message "Script Error (line 2)!, automation server can't create object." on Vista.
Did somone finally got around this issue since 2008 ?

Regards !

# 18   2009-08-03 07:06:31 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

Francis
Administrator

Again, it could be due to yours Windows security settings (if you don't allow script to execute...).

# 19   2009-08-03 16:48:36 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

behnaz

This error could mean that WScript is not properly installed on this machine. You can try to download and re-install WScript from Microsoft web site.

Another possibility is that the security options on your computer avoid the execution and use of ActiveX objects.

You can verify these with creating a .js file with the following code:

var myshell = new ActiveXObject( "WScript.shell" );
myshell.Popup("Hello");

and trying to execute it ....

# 20   2009-11-20 14:46:22 Problem on Ride7IDE !!! Please help me!

ntrf.zns

On my WinXP SP2 errors were caused by missing DCOM service. I shut it down myself, but in some cases antivirus or firewall software can do it for you (DCOM can be a security threat).

To restart the service you neeed to swith it to automatic launch in "Services" window (accessed through Control Panel) and reboot. Restarting this service won't help.

PS: Posted this in case someone would like to know. I'm not saying it's ultimate solution.

Board footer