/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / FatFryer and Mac OS X?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-07-08 21:48:54 FatFryer and Mac OS X?

pburgess

FatFryer and Mac OS X?

Has anyone had any luck with this particular combination?

I believe I have all the correct components downloaded, am just trying to get the cross-compiler working on my Mac. The CodeSourcery site appears to only have Linux and Windows versions precompiled, so I'm attempting to build from the source (arm-2007q3-53-arm-none-eabi.src.tar.bz2.tar).

Entering the gcc-4.2 directory, I do a "./configure --target=arm-none-eabi" followed by "make". After a few minutes' building (when reaching crtstuff.c specifically), I get the error message:

FATAL:/usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/darwin/i386/as: I don't understand 'm' flag!

OS is Leopard 10.5.4 with Apple developer tools installed.

(Unfortunately the STM32 Primer just doesn't seem to work reliably over USB in Parallels Workstation or I'd just use it that way. Alternately, instead of a FatFryer fix, if anyone's got a workaround for reliably using it in Parallels I'd be very keen on it. It's fine under Boot Camp, I'm just not real eager to reboot before and after every time I feel like fiddling with the Primer.)

Much thanks for any insight!

# 2   2008-08-05 06:30:38 FatFryer and Mac OS X?

pburgess

Re: FatFryer and Mac OS X?

To answer my own question: yes, it can be done, but the process is much too lengthy to describe here. I've documented it at the following page for posterity:

http://www.paintyourdragon.com/uc/osxstm32/index.html

Board footer