/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / EvoPrimer STM32F103VE Target board fried

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2011-10-24 20:04:29 EvoPrimer STM32F103VE Target board fried

STPrime

EvoPrimer STM32F103VE Target board fried

I managed to partially fry my target board. Twelve volts touched the I2C port pin PB.6.  Amazingly, the EvoPrimer still works.  However, once it is shutdown, the button no longer starts it, the screen doesn't seem to refresh and I can't get GPIO on PortB.  Plus the chip gets very HOT!

I have a STM32F103VB and STM32F107VB chip, both with only 128k and neither of them have FSMC.  Since the Target boards with the STM32F107 boards would have interface with the LCD without FSMC, the STM32F103VB should work.  A STM32F103VE is not coming anytime soon and the Target board will eventually completely fail. 

In the mean time, I was wonder if I could take the STM32F103VE that is on the EvoPrimer Base, put it on the Target board and then put the STM32F103VB on the Base.  I am hoping they used the VE on the Base simply due to bulk pricing on the VE rather than a need for 512K.

There would then have to be some way of programming the VB with all the RLink firmware (or jailbreak it with STLink).  I would prefer the RLink firmware option.

Has anyone done anything like this?

Thanks,

STPrime

It is all about coming up with new ways...to do the same old thing.

Board footer