/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Can't make it work ....

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-02-21 17:36:15 Can't make it work .... (project: PrimerJoystick 1.0)

tybos

Can't make it work .... (project: PrimerJoystick 1.0)

Hi,

I tried to make your project work but I can't manage to do so ...
I successfully built the library and launched the program on the primer (debug USB cable plugged in), when I plug a second cable in the stm32 usb port, Windows seems to recognise a device but fails to make it work (error is The device doesn't start).
I have Windows XP SP2 and it would like to preserve my battery so the "double" cable was a good solution for that ...

So do you think it can be adapted to work without battery ? (I'd like to develop a simple game on PC to use this amazing joystick just like a very well known game controler ...)

Tybos

Last edited by tybos (2008-02-23 17:10:27)

# 2   2008-02-25 15:02:28 Can't make it work .... (project: PrimerJoystick 1.0)

rtburke

Re: Can't make it work .... (project: PrimerJoystick 1.0)

Hi Tybos,

The only problem I had was if the VID and PID had been used on the PC before for another device (I guess Windows doesn't expect the device type to change!). It might be worth compiling with a different PID. See usb_desc.c line 35/36.

If you have two cables then you should be able to use the device without a battery. This is how I developed the code.

Once you have it working it should behave just like a joystick controller, unfortunately only with one button but it would be easy to add support for another button by wiring it up to one of the expansion connectors.

Regards,
RTB

Board footer