/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / how can i change a function in one of the CircleOs files?

Username:     
Password:     

Forum
  • Index
  •  » circleOS
  •  » how can i change a function in one of the CircleOs files?

# 1   2012-12-27 19:37:19 how can i change a function in one of the CircleOs files?

shooki

how can i change a function in one of the CircleOs files?

Hello,

I'm new in all this matter, so i need an answer as detailed  as it can be.
I'm trying to make a new application and it demands a few changes in fs.c and list.c,etc.
When i try to compile the application the changes won't compile.
It seems like the CircleOs has some pre-link or something like that and as a result- my changes don't affect the application .

In short, How do i change a file of CircleOs and compile + link it with the changes on Ride7?
please, step-by-step ... :-)

Thanks,

Shooki.

# 2   2012-12-28 09:33:49 how can i change a function in one of the CircleOs files?

Etienne.C
Administrator

Re: how can i change a function in one of the CircleOs files?

Hello,

If you are new in this matter, maybe it will be good to read the information about CircleOS that you can find on this link below:
http://www.stm32circle.com/projects/circleos.php.
Depends also which primers are you using, you will find all the documentation about them here.
Before making a new application it can be nice to improve with some examples that you can find in the Projects Section.

If you still not manage to compile an example, just let us know.

Regards,

Etienne

# 3   2013-01-14 16:13:01 how can i change a function in one of the CircleOs files?

shooki

Hi Etienne.C,

I'm sorry, i kinda figured out the problem myself and coped with it well.
I got primer 2.
Now, i got other problem:
"Building D:\ride7\project\project_step1.rapp
Running: LD Linker
"D:\Program Files\Raisonance\Ride\Ride\arm-gcc\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe" -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -Wl,-T -Xlinker "D:\ride7\project\objdebug\project_step1.elf.ld" -u _start  -nostartfiles -Wl,-Map -Xlinker "D:\ride7\project\objdebug\project_step1.map"   
d:/program files/raisonance/ride/ride/arm-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find std_sbrk_thumb.lib 
d:/program files/raisonance/ride/ride/arm-gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find smallprintf_thumb.a 
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status 

this is the ride7 build log error after i tried to build my project.
What's the problem? i don't understand what the compiler want's from me?
(My project is an application including fs.c list.c and application.c and i try to manage
wav files through the sdcard .... )

# 4   2013-01-16 09:40:19 how can i change a function in one of the CircleOs files?

Etienne.C
Administrator

Hi shooki,

The problem is that the linker doesn't find this two files:
- std_sbrk_thumb.lib
- smallprintf_thumb.a

You should find this two file in $(RkitLib)\ARM.
Check if the settings of Library directories are right and try to set by default the Librairies (LD Linker). If you need to use the smallprintf add it in printf capabilities.

Regards
Etienne

• Index
  •  » circleOS
  •  » how can i change a function in one of the CircleOs files?

Board footer