/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / practical use of the mems.

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2008-03-17 23:48:58 practical use of the mems. (project: Mems 1.1)

trevwhite

practical use of the mems. (project: Mems 1.1)

Hi.

Is the mems practical to undicate actual angle in degrees? I would like to use one on my telescope if I can figure out how to implement it. I was thinking something like position N and at 0 degrees and then measure movement and tilt from there. Would this be practical? Accurate? Reliable? Any links would be great.

Thanks

Trev

# 2   2008-03-18 08:29:46 practical use of the mems. (project: Mems 1.1)

Francis
Administrator

Re: practical use of the mems. (project: Mems 1.1)

The 'tutorial project' is a kind of bubble level. You can easily try.
Practical? The MEMS is a 3 direction accelerometer. You can easily deduct the angle.
Accurate? Probably not enough for a telescope. The resolution is around 1 mg (i.e. 1/1000) on each axis but the accuracy is less. Moreover, Vcc on the primer seems to be too noisy and it impacts on the measurements.

# 3   2008-04-27 18:06:14 practical use of the mems. (project: Mems 1.1)

criean

Re: practical use of the mems. (project: Mems 1.1)

As far as I know (MEMS)  stands for Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems. This is the integration of mechanical elements, sensors, actuators, and electronics on a common silicon substrate through microfabrication technology. I'm aware of the content of this technology but I'm not familiar with the application of this one. All I know about this technology is...this technology  can possibly make the realization of complete systems-on-a-chip. Sometimes they call this technology as the brain of the system because it is capable of decision making.
----------------------------------
criean
----------------------------------
New way to get heard about online! Get connected with millions of social networks worldwide and let people know about your business. http://www.widecircles.com

Last edited by criean (2008-04-27 18:07:28)

Board footer