/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / Application doesn't start in stand alone

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2011-01-22 21:37:52 Application doesn't start in stand alone

camguy
Website

Application doesn't start in stand alone

I followed the instructions to use my STM8 board on its own to take temperature readings. I removed the VCC BAT jumper, and put it back... but the application doesn't start. What's wrong? No LEDs visible and nothing shows on the LCD.

# 2   2011-01-22 21:40:12 Application doesn't start in stand alone

gussenhovenS
Administrator

Re: Application doesn't start in stand alone

The battery on the Target Board may not have enough charge to start the STM8 for standalone operation.

When you receive your STM8L target board, you should let it charge on your primer base for 15 hours. Note that it takes about 30 hours to fully charge the battery. For charging: follow the instructions here...

To verify the battery charge and VCC on the target board, follow the instructions here...

IMPORTANT. If the battery ever fully discharges, it is IMPOSSIBLE to recharge it.

Power supplies that you can use to recharge the target board battery:
1. EvoPrimer of Open4 base
2. Provided solar cells
3. eventually a 3V external power supply plugged into the jack may be used

Finally, When you are not using the board, make sure that follow the storage recommendations here...

# 3   2014-01-06 11:39:36 Application doesn't start in stand alone

superman7

Thanks...
I followed the steps exactly and repeated several times with the same result. Blank Screen.
However, the primer without the target board does bring up a screen.

Is it possible that the target board is defective?

# 4   2014-01-06 12:06:20 Application doesn't start in stand alone

gussenhovenS
Administrator

I think you are describing one of two different problems...

If you are having a problem with the small LCD on the target board when you use it while it is not connected to the base... it is possible that the battery on the target board has completely discharged. In this case it is impossible to recharge the battery.

If the problem you are having is when the target board is connected to the the base and the large LCD on the base remains blank, or white... it may be caused by a bad connection between the base and the target board.

This second problem is addressed by YRT in this post:
http://www.stm8circle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1350

Board footer