Handheld Data Collection Terminal using STM32
The STM32 Primer2 is a protyping tool, with a handheld form factor and all the necessary interfaces. The idea of this project is to functionally use this tool to create a handheld datacollection application, which can be productized quickly for realtime industrial applications.
Indian industries are focusing on using IT to minimize their cost and increase their productivity. Every production unit, needs to have some data collection mechanism at a lower cost and the data transfer mechanism to their backend office. This is used for statistical purpose and data analysis.
The device used should be very simple and cost effective.
STM32 fits the scenario and our application, if productionized can make a huge change.
Interfaces used: UASRT Terminal through the expansion connector.
Touch pad LCD of STM32 : For viewing the data, store and retrieve.
Micro-SD card: For data storage and retrieval.
Circle OS: version 3.7
- The input device is connected to the USART of STM32 through the expansion interface.
- The data read from USART is displayed in the screen.
- Buttons on the touchpad - Play - Write operation, Rec- read operation
- When play is pressed, data read from the USART is stored to the SD-card in a file.
- The data from the file is compared with the data received from USART to avoid duplicates.
The possible enhancement is to make the STM32 as a mass storage device.