/var/www/restricted/ssh/stm32/www/stm32circle/ STM CircleOS forum / FreeRTOS with limited version of RIDE7

Username:     
Password:     

Forum

# 1   2007-11-28 20:45:53 FreeRTOS with limited version of RIDE7 (project: FreeRTOS.org demo V4.6.1)

Squonk

FreeRTOS with limited version of RIDE7 (project: FreeRTOS.org demo V4.6.1)

Hello,

how can I download the FreeRTOS Demo if I only have the limited (32k debug) version of RIDE7?

Regards

Squonk

"The stupidity of mankind and the universe have no end. But in the case of the universe it is not so sure." A. Einstein

# 2   2007-11-28 22:06:05 FreeRTOS with limited version of RIDE7 (project: FreeRTOS.org demo V4.6.1)

Francis
Administrator

Re: FreeRTOS with limited version of RIDE7 (project: FreeRTOS.org demo V4.6.1)

The debugger is not limited neither for compiling, nor for programming the FLASH.
Only "debugging is limited up to 32KB. If you uncheck "debug" option in the advanced option of the RLink, you will load the file and execute it.

# 3   2007-11-28 22:40:10 FreeRTOS with limited version of RIDE7 (project: FreeRTOS.org demo V4.6.1)

Squonk

o.k. now I can download the Demo. After a short display of the FreeRTOS logo, i only see PASS [104ns] scrolling slowly in the display. Is that correct?

Regards

Squonk

"The stupidity of mankind and the universe have no end. But in the case of the universe it is not so sure." A. Einstein

# 4   2007-11-29 18:58:00 FreeRTOS with limited version of RIDE7 (project: FreeRTOS.org demo V4.6.1)

FreeRTOS.org

Did you read the 'Functionality' section under the 'Demo Application' heading on the following page:
http://www.freertos.org/RTOS_Demo_STM32 … _Ride.html .  Visually there is not much going on, but there is a lot of demo code running to show lots of different RTOS features.

I only have the Ride version that came with the Primer kit, and can compile and debug no problem.

Regards.

# 5   2007-11-29 20:36:45 FreeRTOS with limited version of RIDE7 (project: FreeRTOS.org demo V4.6.1)

Squonk

As soon as I re-activate the "debug" box in the Cortex Advanced Options I get the following message on every attempt to start debugging:

Message box is titled:
"OPI Driver Error(ARM)"

Error message is:
"Code Size exceeded!"

But maybe this error message is o.k. since the version of Ride7 shipped with the Primer is limited to debut only 32k code. What do You think?

Regards

Squonk

# 6   2007-11-29 20:39:35 FreeRTOS with limited version of RIDE7 (project: FreeRTOS.org demo V4.6.1)

Squonk

If I deactivate the debug box I get the error message:

"OPI driver Error (8)"
"Main not reached. Please check debug capability."

But the program on the Primer is running.

Board footer